Saturday, February 16, 2013

Praise



It shouldn't be about
praise
recognition
Lord, where are You in this?
How can I even speak
when my fountain runs dry
all died up
even unplugged, I am empty
A perfect vessel never leaks,
am I so contained?
May I break,
allow me to cascade into nothingness
I am not of consequence
when silence is my coat
and, at what cost
would I stay so composed?
Lord, allow me to break for You
May all I receive, spill where I go
May this vessel, broken as she be
bring glory to Thee
It should be about
praise,
recognition,
but only in Your presence
How can I still doubt any of it all
You touch me
and I realise
I am tiny
I have been/might still be struggling with accepting that God wants to use me for His glory.  I sometimes get the sense that my idea of what that might be and His are worlds apart.  I think of all the possibilities and the bigger ones scare me, will I be able to handle praise or recognition and remember who its all for or will I fall off the wagon?  I can only pray that God shapes my character such that it will be about praise for Him and not me and my abilities.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright

© 2013 Roxy Adams