Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Patience


another day -
and I'm counting still.

how many more of these,
etchings,
do I need?

each scratch on the walls
of my soul,
screams,
a testimony of
this prison build
through my
impatience

and only
comes freedom
when letting go

see?
Today was again one of those days where I was so frustrated with my inability and impatience, wanting things that I know should wait.  And so I pace in my head, shaking my fists, when really what this impatience is doing is constricting me, robbing me of freedom to let go and let God.  I was reminded of this poem, which I wrote sometime last year when I went through a similar kind of impatience.  Guess I wrote this poem then to remind me now to not ever forget Gods timing is perfect and putting our trust in Him frees us.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright

© 2013 Roxy Adams