Saturday, February 16, 2013

Stories



I write stories too -
un-conventional
one word per line
about people praying, straying,
about this speck of dust in my eye
about it becoming a forest 
and leaving me blind
now I pray,
like those people in my stories,
I pray for extinction of the trees,
because though its cool in this shade -
it constantly rains, over me
and the sun can never shine
can never reach,
past these leaves.

You hypocrite, first take the plank out of your own eye, and then you will see clearly to remove the speck from your brother's eye. (Matthew 7:5)

We all like to “make up stories” about others, whether aloud to someone else or in the safety of your own head.  It's so easy to judge people and it probably can not be avoided,  but what do you do with these preconceptions of yours?  Do you just go with it or do you consciously decide to understand the situation better or give that person a chance?  I often forget that I am not without flaw myself. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright

© 2013 Roxy Adams