Thursday, March 28, 2013

careless conversations




what's life like from behind Your eyes?

I carry my curiosity within me -
always

who wouldn't wonder,
You who wander wordlessly -
a salient soul,

and conversation creeps carelessly
to the tip of my tongue
though I've surmised,
You have not many words -
but wisdom

I wish to sit by Your tree
drink from the spill of Your mind -
enlighten me

there is so much I long to know
most of all
You

would You listen to my careless conversation?

and,
in midnight whisperings
bare Your soul

to me?


This is about a yearning for intimacy.  Being able to sit with God and just ramble on about anything and everything that's going on in your head and/or life, knowing that your Daddy is with you listening, even caring enough to hear about your most nonsensical thoughts.  It's also about coming to a place of hearing His voice and His heart, getting to know Him in such a personal way only to be gained from spending time in His presence.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright

© 2013 Roxy Adams