Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Negatives




yesterday the rain was beautiful

I'm supposed to
know
how life goes
how things work out
or the not of it

I'm supposed to have all the answers
but instead I listen to the insistence of the drops
I stand in the drench
and I soak
spongy me
I take all that you subconsciously give
and I grow fat
heavy
leaving a trail of wet
where I go

me broken vessel as I am
have yet to learn
how to contain
that which should be sacred

forgive me,
for if I hurt you
it might be from a place of confusion

I'm supposed to know how things go,
but I'm still learning about life
and myself

the all of me
but also
the not
that I am

When I started to write this poem it was to focus on the negatives, as the title indicates.  It, however, grew into something much more than just a complaining about the not of things.  And in the process of writing I got to a point where I realized that its time for me to learn to accept myself, perceived shortcomings included.  This is a continuing journey for me.  Everytime I learn something new of myself I get to choose whether it shall become a positive  or a negative.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright

© 2013 Roxy Adams